HOW TO MARKET YOUR BOOK
One of the most difficult things for an author once his or her book is completed is to market it. We were born to be writers not marketers. However, writers must become marketers if they stand a chance to compete with the millions of other books published. Here at Absolute Author, we are here to help you with your marketing strategies. As an author, would you sit down to write your novel without the appropriate tools? I think not. Then why market your book without them? You shouldn’t as your marketing strategy will not be effective without the correct tools and you will waste valuable money.
Here is what you need to effectively market your book.
- A One Sheet – A one sheet is a single document which highlights your book that you should have available to give to book reviewers, newspapers, magazines, book stores etc. Your business card isn’t effective as it does not have the information needed. Your cost for us to create your one sheet is $25.
- A Flip Book Trailer – A flip book trailer is a twenty to thirty-second video that highlights the elements inside your book. They are important as they give readers a chance to look at the format and style, and it is the perfect opportunity for you to showcase what other readers think about your book. Your cost for us to create your flip book trailer is $30.
- A Book Trailer – Long are the days where someone is going to pick up your book because of the front cover. Yes, that is important. However, readers want to be drawn into your book visually and a book trailer is the perfect means to accomplish this. Think of your book trailer as if it were a film. Your cost for us to create your book trailer varies according to the length beginning at $35.
Here is a different kind of book trailer for One Step at a Time by Liz Ashe Havrilla. It is longer in length and made especially for her book by our production team.
4. Author Website – this is a must. Luckily for you, here at Absolute Author, when we publish your free author interview, you have the opportunity for it to be placed on your on a subpage within our site for a $15 fee. It’s like having your own webpage as is cost-effective if you can’t afford the hundreds of dollars to support your own website. With that said, if you have your own website, be sure to backlink this page to your free author interview. It will increase your views. Although the author interview is free, there is a minimal charge to host your book’s trailer or flip book trailer inside of your free interview. To host your book trailer or flip book that you supply included in your author interview is $5 each or both for $8.
5. Book Reviews – Book reviews are a must, and I don’t mean the ones your friends and family write for you on Amazon. Although they are important, having a professional reviewer is key. Why? When you have a professional reviewer read and review your book it carries weight with your readers. fortunately here at Absolute Author we have one of the best. Dr. Carol Michaels worked for more than two decades as a publisher and/or journalist and has written hundreds of reviews. She offers her service at a valuable rate.
6. Press Release – Don’t underestimate the power of a press release. Not only will a press release give your book coverage it will also get your name and your book into listings for web searches. The more press, the better your book sells. One thing we at Absolute Author have discovered is that authors have a difficult time writing press releases. We offer this service at a fraction of a cost. We also offer a one stop where we can submit your press releases too. How? Dr. Carol Michaels has a solid network of reporters and journalists from her two decades of working in the industry. Your homework is already completed. So, this service from absolute author is two-fold; e.g., a well written press release and distribution to at least 300 news sites which includes NBC, ABC, FOX, CNN and more. Other distribution sites charge from $250 up to $1,000 dollars for this service. Here at Absolute Author can do it for a lot less because of our network. Our press release service is $150.
7. Author Blogging – Yes, blogging is important. Many authors don’t use this resource to promote their own writing because they don’t have the time to maintain a blog. Guess what? You can guest blog on Absolute Author and one of our Absolute Author’s Dr. Melissa Caudle, the author of The Keystroke Killer, Never Stop Running and A.D.A.M. also has agreed to allow other Absolute Authors to guest blog on drmelcaudle.blogspot.com. This is a perfect answer to your blogging problem. You can be a guest blogger as much or as little as you want. This is a wonderful way to share with your readers and it gives you backlinks as well. So, what are you waiting on? Become a guest blogger and social media influencer today. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
8. Marketing Print Ads – When you publish on Facebook, Twitter or just about anywhere you need print ads that you can post. If you hired a graphic design artist, you could spend thousands of dollars. We at Absolute Author understand your need and offer you fifty print ready prints in which you can use for the low-cost of $32. Here are a couple of samples below.
PURCHASE MARKETING SERVICES FROM ABSOLUTE AUTHOR TODAY.
Purchase Below by clicking on the correct tab. If you want to purchase more than one item, please make a separate order.
Have Absolute Author design your one sheet
30 Second Book Trailer with Music
A book trailer for your book according to your genre with music.
Flip Book Trailer
A flip book trailer tailored to your genre and book.
60 Second Book Trailer
A book trailer according to your genre with music.
120 Second Book Trailer
120 second book trailer with music according to your genre.
Write and Distribute Press Release
Absolute Author will write a press release and distribute it.